Monday, February 07, 2005



Sweet seekers:

I regret the need for brevity again today, but I've been distracted with crossing some t's and dotting some i's for my Other Life. The one in the Mundane (and I say that quite affectionately).

The Mundane has its sweetness. The gentle grace of the predictable, the validation gained from fulfilled responsibilities, the sweet relief of crises averted.

But here I am back again, and with only one piece of advice for today.

Pema Chödrön. She is a Buddhist, an excellent teacher and remarkable writer. She writes on Buddhism in a way that is both challenging and reassuring. The challenge is on the spiritual level though, not in the wading through of the history of Buddhist philosophy.

I am reading The Wisdom of No Escape and plan to move into her other titles as I can. If you are interested in Buddhist philosophy but find most Buddhist literature a bit esoteric, Pema is going to be a breath of fresh air.

Her words are my quote of the day:


We work on ourselves in order to help others,
but also we help others in order to work on ourselves.


I'd love to hear what you think about her.

Love,
Sophie

Send your comments, questions, insights, situations, problems, feedback, perspectives and prognoses to:
sophie (at) freakinasheville.com