Thursday, July 03, 2008

What's this business of "dance like no one is watching" ... ? What's the point? True, when dancing nekkid on the front porch, I try to ensure my privacy, but when I'm out on a dance floor or at a party or a throw-down in the streets of downtown Asheville, you can be sure that I'm dancing as if everyone is watching, and I'm giving them something to look at! Yes, I'm sure I take a misstep on occasion and there are those who will watch with the question, "Why in the hell .. ?" because they sure wouldn't do the same if their arms jiggled like mine, but I don't care. At home every day, I sing to an imaginary audience, and I dance to one too! In fact, my imaginary audience has fists full of (ten) dollar bills (as long as I'm dreaming) and the music never stops until I am tired (and rich). Dance for the audience, dance for the troops, dance for your mirror, but DANCE!

Love, Sophie