Sunday, December 23, 2007

Awhile back I talked about personal mission statements. These are very important in providing direction and a sense of purpose to our lives. Mine is to love the world, and feel its love in return. That's what truly matters to me in the overall scheme of things.

When I'm feeling unsure, when I'm afraid, when I'm not sure of the wisdom of loving, I go looking for evidence of it and its impact on lives both familiar and strange to me. And I am constantly reminded. Everywhere I look, there is evidence of love and its profound power. I live in the same world as you. Do you see it?

"You can change people. Unconditional love on a daily basis can melt a stone." ---James Taylor, 12/23/07 on Sunday Morning

"There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for? And what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same: only love." ---Johnny Depp as/in Don Juan DeMarco