Friday, February 11, 2005



Hey Sophie ....

Who are you? Why are you here?

Curious

Dear Curious,

I am just some chick who lives in the mountains of NC and loves to write. I especially love to write (and read) letters, but I'm a more energetic correspondent than most, loving especially to fall off the trail of daily news and into areas of philosophy, sociology, psychology, religion, politics, human nature. I'm yakky. I'm a wee bit of a voyeur in that I love to peer into other people's lives, which I think explains my (mild) interest in reality shows and my ability to empathize and rationalize (more on that another day) at the same time.

I am truly blessed with a generous circle of very Beloved and trusted friends from whom I ask advice myself all the time. Sometimes I'll bounce a letter off "The Committee" because their input is so trusted and valuable. They have an amazing track record.

I love to get mail, I love to write mail. I love to give advice, but only if asked (but I love to be asked). And I love to get advice. I'm hoping that at some point I might be able ask a little feedback from the at-large Committee. Which would be you. I basically see this as a collaborative space, I'm just the Facilitator.


Basically, I like having this forum to talk. I am really hoping for a dialogue-style interaction because really, one person's perspective is just that. No more, no less. I honestly don't claim that my advice is worth any more than the bandwidth it takes to deliver it (modern days), but some folks like having one person's perspective. And I like sharing mine. And maybe it'll start conversation in other places that would have otherwise not taken place.

I'm not sure how long I'll be here, but I'll be able to tell when it's time to go. I wouldn't go without saying goodbye, though, so for now, I'm just writing these love letters to the world and hoping that the world will write back. But I don't fully expect it. And I still have plenty to ramble on about.

That's basically it.

Love,
Sophie