Saturday, February 12, 2005



Spring cleaning. There's no better way to burn the simmering energies of winter than to get into the groove of spring cleaning. I try to do the same thing around the time the seasons change each time, but there's something about spring that makes me want to dig a little deeper.

I go for my own funk shui --- an uncategorizable style of arranging things so that anyone who walked through my home knows who lives there.

If it's not already, make your nest your own, starting today. Think about colors, textures, materials. Have a place for everything and find the level of order and/or chaos in which you feel most content.

I'd love to see some photos of funk shui you'd like to share with the world. If you'd be willing to let us peek behind your curtains, send jpgs to sophie at freakinasheville.com and let me know whether or not it's okay to post it.

Love,
Sophie